...................01110111011001010110110001100011011011110110110101100101................... Trail,cross country and street mountain biking from sunny Aberystwyth, Mid Wales, North Wales from time to time and the Marches. Pictures and rants from a weekend warrior in the purest form

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Brand new tyres suck ass

Went through Pengalis woods and Constitution hill and enedd up getting 2 snake bite punctures, cause my tyres are new I think. anyhoo, thats just the begining, went o mend them, and cause they are so stiff ended up using steel levers to get hem off, chippingthe nice black paint on my rims to buggery, mended the puncture and while getting them back on, pinched both tubes aain, and ended uup ahving to take them off again, more chipping of paint and struggling. I went throught this loop 3 times for each tyre, by the end of which they had softened up (ought to with that pressure on 'em). I finaly got them on, after being extra careful, got to pump them up, and my already knackerd pump, explodes on me. 'Ace'. so i had to find Drew and his bodge of a pump (held together with jubilee clips) to get going again. Anyway, 3 hours later, it is finaly repaired. I'm sure i will find a slow puncture in the morning when i go to ride, but hey, thats bikes for you. grrr. think i need a new pump now, and some puncture proof inners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home